Tyler Sister Cities is a non-
Welcome to Tyler Sister Cities!
©2015 Tyler Sister Cities
Website by Cloudburst Designs
Tyler Sister Cities is part of Sister Cities International, a flourishing global network of exchanges through arts and culture, fostering economic and community development.
“Everyone has the power to make a difference.”
Salsa dancing, kimono modeling, even antique shopping are a part of our Tyler Sister Cities activities as we visit our compatriots and learn about cultures in their countries. With activities in Japan, Chile, Poland, and Costa Rica, Sister Cities encourages Tyler residents to interact face to face with others from a variety of cultures. And, on return visits to Tyler these friends enjoy our city treasures such as the Tyler Rose Garden, the Goodman Museum, The Art Museum, Tyler Junior College, and the University of Texas at Tyler, as well as home visits.
This is an exciting time to be part of Tyler Sister Cities!
• Next year, 2017, will mark the 25th anniversary of our Sister Cities relationship with Yachiyo City, Japan. Our friends in Yachiyo have invited us to visit to mark the special occasion. Stay tuned for details!
• We have also been looking into the possibility of becoming Sister Cities with San Miguel, Mexico.
See pics of recent trip -
• Sister Cities International celebrates its 60th Anniversary! Read about how it all started…
• With so many exciting events happening between our Sister Cities, it's time for you to join in too! If you would like to be involved or have other questions use contact form, below.
VISITORS, CELEBRATIONS, AND FUTURE PLANS
CURRENT NEWS ABOUT TYLER SISTER CITIES
• Read about our joint writing project with Jelenia Gora here:
Sister Cities: Jelenia Góra -
• The City of Tyler and Tyler Sister Cities hosted our friends from Yachyio City, Japan, during their visit to Tyler on October 15-
Tyler Sister Cities took a trip to Jelenia Gora, Poland in 2015. The experience was wonderful and brought us closer to our friends in Poland…
Check out the Photo Gallery
for highlights of the trip!
Thanks to Mickey Slimp for sharing trip photos.
TYLER SISTER CITY DELEGATION RETURNS FROM JELENIA GORA
Tyler Sister Cities Contact Form
Tyler is a city in and the county seat of Smith County, Texas, in the United States. It takes its name from President John Tyler. Tyler's 2014 estimated population is 107,405. Tyler has the nickname "Rose Capital of the World". It gained this name due to the large quantity of rose bushes processed through the area, along with hosting America's largest rose garden.
ASSISTANT LANGUAGE TEACHER
Diana Pemberton is an ALT in Yachiyo City. Read about her adventures from the 2015-
If you would like to be considered for an ALT position , please contact us!
Membership in the Tyler Sister Cities program is open to interested persons who seek to encourage international citizen diplomacy through informal community exchanges, educational, cultural and economic partnerships.
NEW: Now you can pay dues with PayPal!
|Board of Directors|
|Yachiyo Guests 2015|
|Yachiyo City Gallery|
|November 29 b|
|October 24 c|
|October 24 b|
|October 24 a|
|Jelenia Gora Gallery|